As I realized that my procrastination had put me in a time crunch, my mind went blank. It had never done that. I’ve always been one of those that states with pride: “I work best under pressure”. This time around it was not the case. My idea’s left me, the ability to conjure up the sewing directions in my mind just wasn’t there.
Lucky for me I had plan B – When ever the patterns go on sale for 99 cents at Joann’s I buy the ones I like. I had plenty for Stephanie to choose from, then the fret of not having ideas nor sewing instructions was no longer an issue.
Then the issue became, why doesn’t this pattern fit. I stopped sewing from sewing patterns when I learned to hand pattern draft and then when I found pattern drafting software. I have yet to sew a pattern from any pattern company that fits when you cut the size that they say your measurements are supposed to fit. This pattern was no exception, I cut the size for Stephanie’s measurements and I sewed it up, and there was just way to much fabric for the skirt to look good.
I can say this: It was a really easy skirt, the directions were clear. I do love that they created a pattern piece that was both the yoke of the skirt and the pocket of the skirt, it made for a very easy pocket installation.
Stephanie liked the skirt, I was going to scrap it and start over. Instead I just put a seam in the center back and removed all the excess fabric.
All in all it is an easy skirt for a beginner – I would suggest that you check the fit by doing a muslin first.